Frequently Asked Questions
So if you migrate your YouTube content to Brid.TV, you can then monetize it to your heart’s content after uploading it to your website.
NOTE: You must have your own website/domain to be able to monetize videos using Brid.TV.
There are several possible external reasons for an ad not displaying on your site’s player:
- Your ad network might not have an available ad to send to your player.
There is usually a much higher ad demand on the market than there are ads, so your ad network might simply not have anything to send to your player at the moment. In fact, most ad networks offer only a 25%–50% ad fill rate, so that is most likely why you aren’t seeing any ads on your player currently. If this is the case, there is nothing Brid.TV can do about it; you will have to contact your ad network for any additional questions.
- Your ads.txt file might not be updated.
You must update your ads.txt file to allow your ads to play. Even if you’ve entered your ad network’s ad tag correctly, if you don’t allow the publisher to display ads from it in your ads.txt file, no ads will be able to play. You can find out more on the ads.txt file here.
- You might have to wait for your traffic to pick up before advertisers start bidding on you.
If this is the case, the only thing you can do is wait or talk to your ad network about the problem. Brid.TV can’t assist you with the issues related to your ad network.
- If your MEI is high enough, the autoplay with sound should work (according to your enabled settings)
- If your MEI is not high enough but the player has registered a valid user interaction upon the player, the autoplay with sound should work (according to your enabled settings)
- If your MEI is not high enough, and the player has not registered a valid user interaction that would allow autoplay with sound, the video will play muted until a valid user interaction is established that would allow the player to play sound.
- Go to Brid.TV CMS and select the player you wish to set up your ad tag URL on. You can add a new player if you wish before doing so.
- Go to the Monetization tab and select your desired ad type (pre-roll, mid-roll, overlay, post-roll, banner)
- Select the “ADD NEW AD TAG” option and then name your tag and paste your ad tag URL in the designated field and adjust any other options as you desire. Save your changes afterward.
IMPORTANT: When adding URLs provided by your ad networks, make sure the macros they use are supported by Brid.TV. If they aren’t, you will have to change the macro tags to the ones that are supported.
You can find the full list of macros Brid.TV supports here.
EXAMPLE: A $PLAYER_HEIGHT part of a SpotX URL will have to be changed to [player_height] when adding the URL to Brid.TV, and so on.
Note: If you give us access to your previous platform’s API (JW Player, Brightcove, Playwire), our dev team can take care of the migration process for you, free of charge.
1. Select your website and click on the “Videos” option.
2. Choose the video for which you want to add chapters to.
3. Scroll down until you reach the “Chapters” menu.
4. Click the “Add Chapter” option and enter the timestamp and a description of the chapter.
5. All that is left is for you to press “Save”.
1. From the long list of options, click on “Players.” Select the one player which you want to be sticky.
2. This will open the settings where you will find the “Make player sticky” option which you need to enable.
3. Go over the available fields and change them as you desire.
4. After that, your player will be sticky
1. Login to the CMS and select the website for which you want to set a whitelist.
2. Click on the “Settings” option.
3. Navigate to the bottom right where you will see the “Security” option.
4. Add your domain(s) and press “Save.”
1. Click on “Videos” to open your content and select one video you wish to GEO target.
2. You will see various options, but you should scroll down until you reach our “Geo-Fencing” feature.
3. Enable the feature and either select all countries or specific ones from the menu.
4. Save the changes and you will GEO target your video content.
To create video carousels, you need to follow these steps:
1. Access your account on CMS and navigate to the “Video Carousels” option.
2. Click on “Add video carousel”. After that, you will have two options. Firstly, you can create a video carousel by adding custom URLs. Secondly, you can import from your RSS feed which will enable the system to create a video carousel.
3. Once you select one of these two options, fill in the fields, save the changes, and our system will create a video carousel for you.
1. Login to the CMS and select your website. Navigate to the “Videos” option at the top left of your screen.
2. Click on “More” under the “Videos” section and select the “Add Feed” option which is located below “Import MRSS.”
3. Paste your MRSS feed URL into the appropriate field.
4. Set a name for that MRSS feed so you can easily locate it in the list.
5. Choose whether or not you want your videos to be encoded and hosted by Brid.TV by enabling or disabling the “Encode imported videos” option.
6. While the system is importing your content, you can choose that all videos from your feed go directly to a custom-made playlist.
7. Click on “Save.”
1. Select your website and click on the “Videos” option to view all of the available videos.
2. Choose the video for which you want to change the starting snapshot. This will open new options and here you will locate the “Snapshot” menu.
3. You will have three options here: you can change the snapshot by adding a URL, uploading an image, or creating one from the video. Choose how you wish to change the snapshot.
4. Press “Save.”