Frequently Asked Questions
So if you migrate your YouTube content to Brid.TV, you can then monetize it to your heart’s content after uploading it to your website.
NOTE: You must have your own website/domain to be able to monetize videos using Brid.TV.
There are several possible external reasons for an ad not displaying on your site’s player:
- Your ad network might not have an available ad to send to your player.
There is usually a much higher ad demand on the market than there are ads, so your ad network might simply not have anything to send to your player at the moment. In fact, most ad networks offer only a 25%–50% ad fill rate, so that is most likely why you aren’t seeing any ads on your player currently.If this is the case, there is nothing Brid.TV can do about it; you will have to contact your ad network for any additional questions.
- Your ads.txt file might not be updated.
You must update your ads.txt file to allow your ads to play. Even if you’ve entered your ad network’s ad tag correctly, if you don’t allow the publisher to display ads from it in your ads.txt file, no ads will be able to play. You can find out more on the ads.txt file here.
- You might have to wait for your traffic to pick up before advertisers start bidding on you.
If this is the case, the only thing you can do is wait or talk to your ad network about the problem. Brid.TV can’t assist you with the issues related to your ad network.
- If your MEI is high enough, the autoplay with sound should work (according to your enabled settings)
- If your MEI is not high enough but the player has registered a valid user interaction upon the player, the autoplay with sound should work (according to your enabled settings)
- If your MEI is not high enough, and the player has not registered a valid user interaction that would allow autoplay with sound, the video will play muted until a valid user interaction is established that would allow the player to play sound.
- Go to Brid.TV CMS and select the player you wish to set up your ad tag URL on. You can add a new player if you wish before doing so.
- Go to the Monetization tab and select your desired ad type (pre-roll, mid-roll, overlay, post-roll, banner)
- Select the “ADD NEW AD TAG” option and then name your tag and paste your ad tag URL in the designated field and adjust any other options as you desire. Save your changes afterward.
IMPORTANT: When adding URLs provided by your ad networks, make sure the macros they use are supported by Brid.TV. If they aren’t, you will have to change the macro tags to the ones that are supported.
You can find the full list of macros Brid.TV supports here.
EXAMPLE: A $PLAYER_HEIGHT part of a SpotX URL will have to be changed to [player_height] when adding the URL to Brid.TV, and so on.
Note: If you give us access to your previous platform’s API (JW Player, Brightcove, Playwire), our dev team can take care of the migration process for you, free of charge.