Frequently Asked Questions
So if you migrate your YouTube content to Brid.TV, you can then monetize it to your heart’s content after uploading it to your website.
NOTE: You must have your own website/domain to be able to monetize videos using Brid.TV.
There are several possible external reasons for an ad not displaying on your site’s player:
- Your ad network might not have an available ad to send to your player.
There is usually a much higher ad demand on the market than there are ads, so your ad network might simply not have anything to send to your player at the moment. In fact, most ad networks offer only a 25%–50% ad fill rate, so that is most likely why you aren’t seeing any ads on your player currently. If this is the case, there is nothing Brid.TV can do about it; you will have to contact your ad network for any additional questions.
- Your ads.txt file might not be updated.
You must update your ads.txt file to allow your ads to play. Even if you’ve entered your ad network’s ad tag correctly, if you don’t allow the publisher to display ads from it in your ads.txt file, no ads will be able to play. You can find out more on the ads.txt file here.
- You might have to wait for your traffic to pick up before advertisers start bidding on you.
If this is the case, the only thing you can do is wait or talk to your ad network about the problem. Brid.TV can’t assist you with the issues related to your ad network.
- If your MEI is high enough, the autoplay with sound should work (according to your enabled settings)
- If your MEI is not high enough but the player has registered a valid user interaction upon the player, the autoplay with sound should work (according to your enabled settings)
- If your MEI is not high enough, and the player has not registered a valid user interaction that would allow autoplay with sound, the video will play muted until a valid user interaction is established that would allow the player to play sound.
- Go to Brid.TV CMS and select the player you wish to set up your ad tag URL on. You can add a new player if you wish before doing so.
- Go to the Monetization tab and select your desired ad type (pre-roll, mid-roll, overlay, post-roll, banner)
- Select the “ADD NEW AD TAG” option and then name your tag and paste your ad tag URL in the designated field and adjust any other options as you desire. Save your changes afterward.
IMPORTANT: When adding URLs provided by your ad networks, make sure the macros they use are supported by Brid.TV. If they aren’t, you will have to change the macro tags to the ones that are supported.
You can find the full list of macros Brid.TV supports here.
EXAMPLE: A $PLAYER_HEIGHT part of a SpotX URL will have to be changed to [player_height] when adding the URL to Brid.TV, and so on.
Note: If you give us access to your previous platform’s API (JW Player, Brightcove, Playwire), our dev team can take care of the migration process for you, free of charge.
1. Select your website and click on the “Videos” option.
2. Choose the video for which you want to add chapters to.
3. Scroll down until you reach the “Chapters” menu.
4. Click the “Add Chapter” option and enter the timestamp and a description of the chapter.
5. All that is left is for you to press “Save”.
1. From the long list of options, click on “Players.” Select the one player which you want to be sticky.
2. This will open the settings where you will find the “Make player sticky” option which you need to enable.
3. Go over the available fields and change them as you desire.
4. After that, your player will be sticky
1. Login to the CMS and select the website for which you want to set a whitelist.
2. Click on the “Settings” option.
3. Navigate to the bottom right where you will see the “Security” option.
4. Add your domain(s) and press “Save.”
1. Click on “Videos” to open your content and select one video you wish to GEO target.
2. You will see various options, but you should scroll down until you reach our “Geo-Fencing” feature.
3. Enable the feature and either select all countries or specific ones from the menu.
4. Save the changes and you will GEO target your video content.
To create video carousels, you need to follow these steps:
1. Access your account on CMS and navigate to the “Video Carousels” option.
2. Click on “Add video carousel”. After that, you will have two options. Firstly, you can create a video carousel by adding custom URLs. Secondly, you can import from your RSS feed which will enable the system to create a video carousel.
3. Once you select one of these two options, fill in the fields, save the changes, and our system will create a video carousel for you.
1. Login to the CMS and select your website. Navigate to the “Videos” option at the top left of your screen.
2. Click on “More” under the “Videos” section and select the “Add Feed” option which is located below “Import MRSS.”
3. Paste your MRSS feed URL into the appropriate field.
4. Set a name for that MRSS feed so you can easily locate it in the list.
5. Choose whether or not you want your videos to be encoded and hosted by Brid.TV by enabling or disabling the “Encode imported videos” option.
6. While the system is importing your content, you can choose that all videos from your feed go directly to a custom-made playlist.
7. Click on “Save.”
1. Select your website and click on the “Videos” option to view all of the available videos.
2. Choose the video for which you want to change the starting snapshot. This will open new options and here you will locate the “Snapshot” menu.
3. You will have three options here: you can change the snapshot by adding a URL, uploading an image, or creating one from the video. Choose how you wish to change the snapshot.
4. Press “Save.”
1. Access your account on our CMS and select your website.
2.Click on the “Players” option to view all available players.
3. Select any of your players from the list by clicking on its name.
4. Scroll down until you reach the “Monetization” tab.
5. Once you click on “Monetization,” new sets of options will appear. You should select the one that reads “Overlay.”
6. You need to fill in the details to enable overlay ads.
7. Enter the start time and the duration of the overlay in seconds.
8. Add a new ad tag to proceed.
9. Press “SAVE” once you’re done.
Firstly, visit our CMS and access your account. After this, you need to select your desired website. A new page will appear, but you should navigate to the top of the screen and click on “Settings” located next to your domain. Lastly, enter your Google Analytics code in the appropriate field and save all the changes.
Then, you will see a menu with various options, and you should click on “Outstream Units.” Choose an existing ad unit or create a new one. In either case, there should be the “Embed” option available. Click on it and enable the “Serve Outstream Through DFP” checkbox.
After that, access your Google Ad Manager account and create a new line item 1x1 in size. It’s important that you select a “third party or custom” when you’re adding a new creative. Populate the custom creative with the ad unit code from our CMS. Before saving the changes, make sure that the “Serve into a SafeFrame” option is disabled. Press “Save” and copy the 1x1 GPT tag from Google Ad Manager and paste it to your website.
A few years ago, there were over 200 million fraudulent video impressions per day. This means that impersonating bots made ad requests and video players responded to them because they hadn’t noticed this fraudulent activity. Brid.TV wants to put a stop to this and we have done that thanks to Protected Media’s technology.
Our plugin analyzes each ad request in order to send only valid traffic to ad servers. You will always know that every impression and ad request have been made by your customers and not by automated programs. As a result, your business will keep earning a steady profit.
1. After accessing your account, select your website.
2. From the long list of options, click on “Players.” 3. Choose one player for which you want to enable the Protected Media Plugin.
4. Scroll down until you reach the “Plugins” menu. Enable the option and select the features you want to add to your player. 5. After this, your video player will start detecting invalid traffic, ensuring you don’t lose any revenue while monetizing with Brid.TV.
1. Prevention only option
2. Prevention and full reporting option
3. Reporting only option
4. Post bid impression reporting
The Prevention only option ensures our system won’t send an ad request unless it verifies that the request comes from a human. In case it detects invalid traffic, it won’t respond to the ad request.
Then, the Prevention and full reporting option works like the first option as it also analyzes every ad request and blocks invalid traffic. However, you will receive invalid traffic reporting as well. As a result, you will have an understanding of your traffic.
The Reporting only option offers an in-depth overview of your traffic. This means you will always know how valid your traffic is.
Lastly, the Post bid impression reporting enables our player to analyze every served ad impression and remove invalid traffic. This enhances the effectiveness of the Protected Media Plugin and gives you a better control over the monetization process.
Choose one option and start reaping the benefits of the Protected Media plugin!
1. Visit our CMS and login to your account.
2. Select your website to set up the feature.
3.From the long list of options, click on “Players” and create a new player.
4. While adding a new player, its height should be larger than its width in order for the player to support vertical videos. This will make the player go into the “TikTok” mode.
5. Go over other settings and adjust them to your liking.
6. Press “Save.”
7. The new player will deliver vertical videos with a custom skin specifically designed for this purpose.