For most publishers who want to make an impact with their online business quickly and easily, relying on WordPress (WP) plugins is one of the best options. Just to be clear on this, while plugins may not necessarily represent the solution to your every problem, they can certainly be a useful part of your website once they are installed. To begin with, purchasing plugins isn’t something that’s really necessary, because plugins that are the best and most frequently used are usually free.
We are proud to present a new and improved version of our WordPress video plugin, which should vastly simplify your workflow in the WordPress platform when using BridTV.
Simplify your video workflow with a #wordpress #plugin that is fully integrated with the top #videoplatform Click To Tweet
Our plugin helps you to seamlessly add BridTV video players and content to your WordPress site or blog. BridTV is a free-to-use CMS platform that allows you to add existing YouTube and/or upload your custom videos. The coolest thing about BridTV, apart from uploading videos, of course, is that you can also monetize that video content.
Check out the main features of the BridTV WordPress plugin:
- A pure HTML5 player with Flash fallback
- VAST and VPAID support for video monetization
- 33+ custom designed HTML5 skins to use
- Responsive player sizing
- Amazon Cloudfront video hosting
- Unlimited encoding thanks to our partnership with encoding.com
- Powerful analytics
- Absolutely free as long as you don’t need video hosting or encoding.
The point is to easily search for videos in their Brid Video library. In addition, all of your playlists and videos will be easily accessible with the editable thumbnail, title, and other information about the video. Using a simple user interface, click on the video you want and insert it into your post or page. Default players for videos and playlists can be set throughout the site to create a consistent look as well as default heights and widths which depend on the player setup. All of these defaults can be overridden at the time of video insertion to allow for customization of a video or player.
With the new plugin comes the playlist widget option which you can find in the “Widget” section of your WP admin screen. In addition, this plugin features a live preview of the video or playlist and player so you will know that you have the right video before you add it to your site.
To reiterate, one of the most important things for any solid WP plugin is intuitiveness, but even more crucial is functionality. Now, the devs at WordPress release various additions, improvements, and updates addressing issues and enhancing security. For that reason, it’s vital for a plugin to stay vigilant with all the latest WP features and new functionality, the last of which were added about a year ago (and there were around 6 minor since then). The latest edition of WordPress is v4.9.6 — 4.9 was actually named “Tipton” as a tribute to the jazz musician Billy Tipton. If a plugin is staying in tune with all these changes that means you have a solid plugin on your hands at the very least.
The latest version of the Brid WP plugin offers the following changes and features:
- Checked compatibility with latest WordPress version 4.9.6.
- Fixed display elements on the edit playlist screen to properly show certain buttons.
- Added possibility to override autoplay setting from the shortcode.
- Added support for autoplay AMP players.
- Added support for AMP pages where a trailing slash is missing due to different server configurations.
- Changed Facebook Instant Article embed code support for the iframe wrapper method.
- Added support for the popular AMP for WP plugin for rendering Brid AMP embed codes.
- Added AMP embed code support for Brid in-content outstream units.
- Added some more basic player settings that we already provide in Brid CMS so you can change them in the plugin.
- Added asynchronous embed code support for Brid players.
Check out the full changelog for all versions of the Brid WP plugin.
Without further ado, you can check out the WordPress Plugin Directory, where you can grab the plugin straight away. For installation instructions look at the installation tab under the plugin entry.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to send us a ticket and our Support Team will get back at you as soon as possible.